Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bathroom Re-Model

So over the last few weeks I have been slaving away on the esthetic appeal of my house. I have done the guest bedroom, the master bedroom (I will post pics of that as soon as I get around to painting my bed...I've decided that painting furniture is a much more daunting task than painting walls!) and now I have finally finished the half bathroom downstairs. When we bought the house, the bathroom was plain boring beige with absolutely NO personality... and no bead board panelling! Now it just looks AMAZING!!! (ok, maybe not THAT amazing but pretty good nonetheless) There are a few minor flaws of course but overall I thinkI did a pretty good job. I will definately chalk this up as a great learning experience. I made several trips to the Home Depot to get supplies and ask stupid questions to workers that I hoped I would never see again. When I admitted to a worker that I didnt know how to get the Liquid Nails out of the container and tried to push it out with a hammer handle, he then asked me where my husband was and if he was aware of this project. haha!! He then proceded to show me what a calking gun is and where to find one. Even though he made me feel pretty stupid, he was really nice and was a huge help! Anyway, here is the final product:

... I painted all four walls (the blue/gray, and the white panelling) put up bead board pannelling (with base board/chair rails of course) and added the Space Saver shelving aver the toilet... all for about $150!

6 comments:

Tyler & Katie Rice said...

look at you! that looks like a half bath straight out of a magazine. way to go!

Jenna Johnson said...

WAY TO GO!!! AND WHAT COLOR IS THAT??? I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

M&M said...

That seriously looks so good! I can't believe how much you have accomplished on your house. We were no where near that fast.

Heather said...

That looks amazing. Good job!

Diana Hulme said...

You are amazing! I am so impressed...great job! :) Can't wait to see your other projects.

P.S. I love your header picture!

Clarissa and Darrin said...

Way to Go. I don't even know what you mean by the "liquid nail lingo". Totally impressed! The bathroon looks awesome. I love the paint color. I want a house just so I can paint something that color.