Monday, October 18, 2010

Fun Weekend

Thursday got up to 100 degrees (pulling hair out) so I took Averi swimming for a bit. She loves the kiddie pool even more now that she can walk. She is a little too daring though and had to be rescued numerous times (pretty much I just cant let go of her hand).

Friday night we went to the movie in the ballpark with some friends. The pro baseball field by our house is used for spring training. So in the Summer/Fall they show movies on the scoreboard every Friday night for free. This time it was The Princess and the Frog. It is really fun now that it has cooled down a bit at night. Right after I took the first pic I looked at it and noticed the big old guy sitting in a Radio Flyer. Gotta love the people of West Phoenix. :)

Saturday Doug got off early and we had a fun laid back day together (overdue!). We went toMarshalls (to get bath mats for my newly re-done master bathroom...pictures will follow soon), then onto Lowes (to get an owl for our roof in hopes of scaring off the annoying pidgens), then to McDonalds for food and play. Doug was even brave enough to take Averi up through the crawl spaces and down the slide. I thought they were going to get stuck but luckily they made it down and Averi wanted to go again. No such luck. Here is Avers enjoying an ice-cream cone when we got home. She LOVED it!

Then Saturday night we took the air matress outside and went "camping" on the back porch. We watched The Secret Window (very spooky) on the computer outside and then slept. Averi even slept outside with us in her pack and play. She didn't cry once. However I did hear her get up a couple times and giggle and yell "doggie!" every time she heard a dog bark. It was so cute I didnt mind getting woken up. Then in the morning we made pancakes on the grill (sideburner) and ate outside. Here is Aves eating her pancake in front of a very jealous Sophie.
The Camp Site:
Who needs the mountains to go camping?! :)

There is this cute somewhat non-official petting zoo by my our house that is complete with goats, ponies, sheep, chicken, baby calf, pigs, rabbits ...you get the idea. We took Averi and her buddies Ezra and Quin to go feed them on Monday. Other than the agressively hungry chickens, all of the animals were really cute and sweet. I could have stayed and played there all day. Okay, I secretly went there for my OWN enjoyment!

2 comments:

M&M said...

Every single thing just looks SOOOOO fun!!!! I admit I'm a bit jealous. LOVE the movie in the ballpark. They had a few of those in the downtown Boise parks this summer but I was never able to make it to any of them. Sad. The campout looks like a blast!!!! And pancakes on the grill sound delicious. Makes me want to make another trip out there.

Todd said...

Averi is sooo cute. I can't believe how big she is getting. We will have to come visit before she grows up too much.
your friend,
crystal