Friday, December 30, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas!

The whole month of December was so much fun with Averi this year. She is old enough now to understand the excitement of Christmas and she gets pretty into it like Doug and I do. She loved:
-Looking at Christmas lights especially blow-up characters like Santa and Mickey. She would always say "oh so peety" and then "Bye bye Santa/Mickey!"
-Watching Christmas movies... especially movies that had Santa in them.
-Opening presents
-Making Christmas crafts (I would put them on the fridge and every day she would say "I make kissmiss tee!!", etc)
-Eating Christmas goodies. I would be worried if she didn't since both Doug and I can't seem to get enough!
-The Christmas tree. She would always walk into the room where it is and point and say "oh so peety!", or "peety lights!", or ""peety kissmiss tee!"

Avers watching Christmas movies with her baby
 Averi at the ward Christmas party. She preferred to sit by the tree next to Santa and she did so for 15 minutes :)
 I had to just plop her on Santa's lap without asking her but she didn't really fight it. A little nervous maybe?
Reading Christmas stories to her baby
 Making cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve
 She couldn't help but sample a few of them which later contributed to her crazy hyper second wind she got about twenty minutes later.
 Putting frosting on the cookies. She was actually able to do it herself which I was pretty impressed with.
Can you tell which one I didn't help her with?
 Reading Christmas storied on Christmas Eve

Christmas morning!!
 Averi was probably most excited for the candy in her stocking than anything else. Here she is (with her mouth full of chocolate) showing me the sucker that was in her stocking. She was VERY excited about it :) We finally had to hide all the candy so that she would open all the real gifts. haha!
 One of her trusty favorites...a new baby
 Averi always gets into my closet and wears my high heels around the house so Santa decided to just bring her a few of her own pairs. She insisted on wearing them to target the next day which didn't go over to well since she has to shuffle step the whole time she is wearing them. She ended up going barefoot most of the time.
Santa brought me a sewing machine which I am SOOO excited about!
 Averi showing Daddy her new farm set that she got from Grandma and Grandpa H
 The wreckage
 Averi exploring all her gifts of Christmas 2011


2 comments:

M&M said...

I bought Kenley those exact same long john pajamas! I love them! Looks like such a fun Christmas. You did so many fun things with Averi and she looks like she loved every minute of it!

Candice said...

I love the heels! Kids are so fun when they start saying things. Riss and I are sad that you are on the opposite Christmas schedule as us. It's quite unfortunate.