Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mom and Dad visit!

My friend Poiette is super nice and threw me a baby shower a couple weeks ago. It was SO fun! I got to go to Olive Garden and have lunch with all my good friends and open tons of presents! What can be better than that?! :) What great friends I have. 
I am getting so excited for baby to come now that I am a little more prepared. Any day now would be great, baby!

 Doug and I were cleaning out the garage and getting down the rest of the baby stuff when Averi decided she wanted to be the baby still. She just climbed right into the baby car seat and got herself all buckled and ready to go :) What a nut.
 Doug's flag football league started up again recently so it had been fun to see them in action. Averi has a blast playing at the park while he plays. She could have played on this horse all night. She looked like she was going to rock the poor horse off it's hinges!
 My dad had a conference to go to in Vegas this week so we were SO glad to hear that they were going to drive the rest of the way down to Phoenix and see us beforehand! It was SOOOO fun having them around. Doug and my dad spent most of their time shooting and golfing and also fixed some household malfunctions (the patio fan, the bathroom fan, and a few baseboards). My mom and I hung out and played with Averi and of course went shopping!
Here is a pic of Averi having fun with Grandma ("Ga-ma") She didn't take any time at all warming up to either of them and had a blast doing all sorts of fun crafts with Grandma.
 Wouldn't ya know it, it was my week to teach preschool the week that they were here! It actually went really well, though, thanks to my sister Kristy for some genius ideas. I think Averi liked having it on her own turf this time. She took advantage by being a little extra bossy!
 My dad made this adorable horse tire swing for Averi and hung it up on the patio for us. It is so cute and of course Averi loves it!
 My dad's brother Vard and his wife Jan drove up from Yuma to spend some time with them since they were so close. It was great to see them again. Doug went golfing with the guys and me and the girls went out to lunch to Mimi's when I was done with preschool. Yum!



 Saturday night we all went out to dinner to Margaritaville at West Gate. Averi loved riding on Grandpa's shoulders from the car to the restaurant. The food was delicious and we had tons of fun (...minus a few meltdowns from Averi and bed time came and went).
I recently enrolled Averi in a gymnastics class that meets once a week. The first week she did pretty well and only refused to do a few things. The second week, unfortunately was a big step in the wrong direction! I think she was feeling stage fright with Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa all watching her. Plus the room was freezing! She only did a few things (like hang from this bar and kick the blocks over, and hang from the rings, and she walked on the balance beam a few times). Hopefully next week will be better. Either way, she sure looks cute!
 My mom and I took Averi shopping with us On Saturday. I was a little worried since I forgot to bring the stroller but Averi actually had tons of fun trying on shoes (as pictured) and sifting through clothes on the racks. We shopped for almost 4 hours and we didn't have any meltdowns or anything! It was awesome! :)
 We went into this really expensive kids store (just to look!) and Averi was having so much fun riding the dog statues outside the store that she didn't even come in.
 Another one of her favorites while shopping was throwing pennies into the fountain. Or as she says it: "wa-wa fall". I have noticed that she can actually say the word "water" but still chooses to say "wa-wa". Oh well, I think it's cute :)
We were sad to see my parents leave but lucky for me my mom is coming back in less than a month to help with the baby!

2 comments:

M&M said...

What a fun update! I didn't know Averi was doing gymnastics. How fun! I'm dying to see what all you got at your shower. I can't believe you are getting so close. . . crazy!!! And whenever Kenley sees her baby stuff in the shop (swing, car seat, etc) she wants to use them again. We will see how it goes when she really has to let someone else use them!

Candice said...

I like the picture of her riding the dog statue. I ran into your Dad at the grocery store. He is so nice.