Monday, November 26, 2012

Father-Daughter camp-out!



Averi got to go camping for the first time in her life a couple weeks ago (if you don't count in the back yard) and Doug got to go for the first time with a daughter. Our ward was hosting a "father-daughter overnight camp-out just a couple miles away for all ages. We told Averi that she would be going camping with daddy soon and that she would get to sleep in a tent. Every time we would mention this to her, her eyes would light up and she would get so excited about the idea of sleeping in a tent. It was so cute, but honestly I think Doug and I both were a little doubtful that it would be quite so exciting to her in the middle of a cold night. Well, the time finally came and she was still giddy about it. I think she actually loved the fact that I couldn't go and that it was just her and her dad. I don't think I will ever forget the look on her face as they were about to drive away in the truck, Averi perched up in her pink carseat peering out the window at me. She looked like she was trying to stifle a smile as she waved goodbye to me. It was almost like she was about to go on a ride at disneyland or something. Here they are on thier way out:
When they got to the camp site, everyone got to watch "Tangled" on a projector which is Averi's favorite movie. She was in heaven.
Well, much to our surprise, Averi actually slept quite well that night. She did, however, wake up at 3am and tell Doug how excited she was to be sleeping in a tent. I LOVED hearing about that. SO cute!
A shot of them in the tent:
 
They didn't stay too long the next day but she got to eat some food at the campfire and drink hot chocolate before heading home. She talked about "sleeping in a tent" for quite a while afterwards. She probably would haved loved it no matter what, though, as long as it was with her daddy!

1 comment:

M&M said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest thing ever!!!! I wish our ward would do that though I'm pretty sure Mike is glad they don't! Our last 2 attempts to campout with Kenley haven't gone so smoothly.