Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A visit from Grandma!

We have seriously been so spoiled this year with all the visitors! I LOVE it! My mom came down from Boise last week to play and help out. Averi was in Heaven the whole time, if you can imagine! She was on non-stop showing-off mode so we never had to worry about entertainment.

 My mom was SO nice to give us a day off on Wednesday so Doug and I went to Tempe and shopped, ate, and hung out. We stayed overnight at a Days Inn and were so excited to jump in the hot tub when we got there. We asked the Hotel manager where it was and he pointed us in the right direction and gave us towels. We got all dressed and ready, headed out to the pool / hot tub area. I dipped my foot in the hot tub and it was stone cold! Why the manager didn't tell us ahead of time that it wasn't working, I'll never know. When we went back to the office to ask him what was up, he just rubbed his face and sheepishly replied "oh we are just waiting for the heater to get fixed". Haha! Good to know! In the morning we ate a fabulous continental breakfast... or more accurately... we ate about 3 breakfasts' worth of food each, then had a nap, then hit up Bashas to get some groceries and headed home. Doesn't sound like much but trust me, it was awesome!! So fun just to get away for a bit :)
 
The kids had so much fun playing games, doing stickers and crafts, and reading with Grandma. We all enjoyed the warm (normal people would say hot) weather out at the pool too.
 
Averi havin a snooze with Grams 
 Averi showing Grandma her "chocolate face" while licking the beater.
Those are the only two pictures I took all week! how sad :(

2 comments:

Ami said...

A night away sounds heavenly! I can't even imagine what they would be like and I've only had my babe for 5 months haha. We're still planning an adults only getaway for next year!

M&M said...

Such a fun visit and the overnighter sounds divine!