Thursday, November 10, 2011


Doug had a work retreat in Utah recently so Averi and I decided to take advantage and tag along. We hung out with his family of course and he had to do a lot of stuff with work but it was still way fun. Averi was a lot more social and opened up MUCH quicker this time than last. Last time we went, she would cry every time Macy would walk in the room or looked at her. This time, however, Macy was her favorite person in the whole world and they were little buddies the whole time. She loved Payton and everyone else too of course :) 
This is Averi playing with their new bunny. Of course she was IN LOVE with it and asked for it all the time. It was the cutest little thing! 
We went to watch Payton's last soccer game of the season and were lucky enough to catch Payton scoring the winning goal! It was an awesome game. This is Macy and Avers at the park by the field Payton was practicing at. They went down the slide about a million times and mow it looks like they are working on their arm strength.
 Macy, Payton and Averi (and the rooster that Payton chased for ten minutes until she caught it) at Wheeler Farm. It was SO pretty and of course Averi enjoyed the goats and other animals.
 Everyone decked out in their Halloween costumes at Gardner's Village. Averi just stayed in her stroller the whole time. Usually with Averi the options are: be held, or be in the stroller. She doesnt usually like to walk on her own which makes it extra fun for me!
 Macy was awesome at keeping Averi entertained while we were there.
 Here is Macy helping Averi decorate Halloween cookies. So fun!
 Averi got a pony ride while we were there. I thought she would be more excited about it but she was pretty stoic the whole time. Just one of those moods I guess.
Doug and I flew seperate on the way there but together on the way home. Since Averi refuses to walk, I have to get a little creative when I am by myself. I always use a wheel chair and pile my luggage on it and then put Averi's car seat (with her in it) on top of all that. When we were on our way back it was obviously a lot easier since I had Doug to help. I kept reminding him that I had to do this all by myself just to make sure he was impressed :) Here is Doug pulling Averi's car seat like a leash on our way to customs. Why dont I get that kind of treatment?!
Averi was really good on both flights, but she was perfect on the way home because we actually had the iPod charged and she got to watch movies, drink sprite, and snack the whole time.
Unfortunately when we got home to the Phx Airport we realised that one of Doug's bags didnt come in and it just so happened to be the bag that had his keys (lesson learned). So we had to spend and extra hour at the airport till 11pm and were lucky enough to get a friend to come pick us up. Poor lil Averi was SO tired but was such a good girl and just wanted her back tickled most of the time :)

1 comment:

M&M said...

That looks like and action packed/fun filled trip!!!! Averi sure has cute little cousins that seem so sweet. Glad you finally made it to your home!